OUR POSITION: Difficulties enforcing a new texting-while-driving law should not be an excuse to look the other way.
Sen. Rick Scott’s reckless, inaccurate rhetoric regarding Venezuela’s political crisis reflects poorly on Florida and will not help resolve a deteriorating situation. His repeated description of indefensible violence and oppression by the country’s authoritarian leader, Nicolás Maduro, as “g…
The settlement agreement to end a federal lawsuit over inadequate foster care in South Florida should provide some essential protections for vulnerable children in two Florida counties.
OUR POSITION: The public is best served when government notices are printed in newspapers and placed online. Rep. Randy Fine’s bill to eliminate publishing public notices in newspapers is just a slap at the press.
Tax season is underway and, unfortunately, that means that phone-scam season is also in full swing. Every year, the Internal Revenue Service sees a surge in scam-phone calls to taxpayers, and each year the scammers seem to become more sophisticated and aggressive when targeting us. According…
- Chevy's 2019 Camaro, Detroit muscle with 'cheaper' option, Len Ingrassia, 07/18/19
- Getting properly possessive, we can work it out (Grammar Guy), 07/18/19
- Heaven sent, excursions among the stars, Victor C. Rogus, 07/18/19
- True faith, 'the conviction that God loves us'
- Our American symbols—are they worth protecting?
- Ride & Slide for Arcadia at Mustang Promise ranch
- History's mysteries: DeSoto census workers 100 years ago
- Friday Night Lights' scrimmage showcase
- 'Go as fast as you can. Go as fast as you can. Go. Go. Go...'
- Facebook Comments
- State adds bite to shark fishing rules
- Movie guide: What's opening this week
- End of the road for Volkswagen Beetle
- How food truck owners beat the heat
- Five bucks gets presidential debate visit
- Truck flips at 70/17
- Homeless camp cleared at former Winn-Dixie
- Corizon not doing its job at county jail
- DeSoto Co. obituaries, 07/11/19, Goodwin Westberry
- Bouncehouse: DeSoto Mens Basketball, Camp Koonce
- Exercise to manage anxiety and depression
- Friday Night Lights with Pee Wees and Juniors
- 4-H Dairy Daze day camp, whose milk is golden?
- Is ‘gotten’ rotten? and other refreshers (Grammar Guy), 07/11/19
- Help wanted: US Census Bureau needs you!
- Few choice words, learning biking lingo
- Can we talk? Celebrate July 4th, in spite of ... (part 2)
- DeSoto Co. ag briefs, 07/11/19
- Rooting out invaders, invasive lantana
- DeSoto business briefs, 07/11/19
- DeSoto letters, 07/11/19
- State mobilizes in Hep A battle
- Hike into pioneer history at Rye Preserve, Arcadia day-tripping
- Fishing story to remember, 'unforgettable experience'
- Washington’s vision at Valley Forge—America’s destiny?
- Lexus's RX 450 L, roomy and classic quality, Len Ingrassia, 07/11/19
- Luke Wilson cartoon, 07/11/19
- 5 brilliant household uses for hairspray
- Arcadia wishes America happy birthday! No. 243 ... and counting
- Fuel prices dip, FDOT's new commuter app
- APD says man threatened another with gun
- Man arrested second time in a month
- Man held on drug, weapons charges
- Police beat
- Jones gets 2-year sentence on drug, weapon charges
- Mustang Promise ranch, horsing around is healthy
- I scream, we all scream about contaminated ice cream, Luke Wilson, 07/11/19
- Arcadia HPC minutes, next up on Aug. 12
- Nuco gets tax break, ground-breaking by October
- History's mysteries: Who lived at 618 E. Oak St.?