The DeSoto County Sheriff's Office reported the following arrests:
Michael Eugene Watson II, 28, was transported to the Florida Department of Corrections on July 10 to serve a 12-year prison sentence for burglary causing more than $1,000 damage.
Henry Ricky Morales Jr., 30, was arrested July 15 on charges of possession of methamphetamine, making a false report of a crime and perjury in an official proceeding.
On Jan. 6, a man (later identified as Justin Ray Ganske, 26) and a woman select items from the Arcadia Walmart and use a self-check register. Video shows the pair scanning some of the items they chose (including a light bar), but then putting a $3.97 bottle of Axe body wash and another item …
Philip Adam Pelham Sr., known as "Adam," was arrested for the second time in a month, according to the DeSoto County Sheriff's Office, this time for battery on two individuals over age 65. The alleged battery occurred back in April 2018, but detectives decided to reevaluate the case after le…
The Arcadia Police Department reported the arrest on June 28 of Samuel Bienaime, 32, on drug and weapons charges. Bienaime lists an address in the 600 block of Madison Avenue, Arcadia.
August Mitchell Jones, 41, was recently sentenced to two years in state prison on charges involving drugs, weapons and using a two-way communication device during a crime.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office reported the arrest of Joni Crystalann Manning, 35, on multiple charges based on the sale of crack cocaine. Manning lists an address in the 2900 block of S.W. Wallis Avenue in Arcadia.
Albert Favors, who was sentenced through a plea deal to 30 years in state prison on multiple charges of burglary and theft, was denied an appeal of his sentence.
Andres Rodriquez Solis, 41, was arrested on 30 counts of lewd and lascivious behavior with a victim between the ages of 12 and 16. He is being held in the DeSoto County Jail without bond and is scheduled for arraignment on August 8.
Reynolds Stackdollars Brooks, 31, of Boynton Beach, was recently sentenced to six years, a month and 11 days in state prison for a host of crimes committed while he was a resident of the Florida Civil Commitment Center in Arcadia, including battery on staff at the FCCC.
The DeSoto County Sheriff's Office reported the arrest of Lucinda Fitchett, 41, on charges that she drove her SUV into a gate, attacked her boyfriend with a knife and left the scene of the crash.
- Chevy's 2019 Camaro, Detroit muscle with 'cheaper' option, Len Ingrassia, 07/18/19
- Getting properly possessive, we can work it out (Grammar Guy), 07/18/19
- Heaven sent, excursions among the stars, Victor C. Rogus, 07/18/19
- True faith, 'the conviction that God loves us'
- Our American symbols—are they worth protecting?
- Ride & Slide for Arcadia at Mustang Promise ranch
- History's mysteries: DeSoto census workers 100 years ago
- Friday Night Lights' scrimmage showcase
- 'Go as fast as you can. Go as fast as you can. Go. Go. Go...'
- Facebook Comments
- State adds bite to shark fishing rules
- Movie guide: What's opening this week
- End of the road for Volkswagen Beetle
- How food truck owners beat the heat
- Five bucks gets presidential debate visit
- Truck flips at 70/17
- Homeless camp cleared at former Winn-Dixie
- Corizon not doing its job at county jail
- DeSoto Co. obituaries, 07/11/19, Goodwin Westberry
- Bouncehouse: DeSoto Mens Basketball, Camp Koonce
- Exercise to manage anxiety and depression
- Friday Night Lights with Pee Wees and Juniors
- 4-H Dairy Daze day camp, whose milk is golden?
- Is ‘gotten’ rotten? and other refreshers (Grammar Guy), 07/11/19
- Help wanted: US Census Bureau needs you!
- Few choice words, learning biking lingo
- Can we talk? Celebrate July 4th, in spite of ... (part 2)
- DeSoto Co. ag briefs, 07/11/19
- Rooting out invaders, invasive lantana
- DeSoto business briefs, 07/11/19
- DeSoto letters, 07/11/19
- State mobilizes in Hep A battle
- Hike into pioneer history at Rye Preserve, Arcadia day-tripping
- Fishing story to remember, 'unforgettable experience'
- Washington’s vision at Valley Forge—America’s destiny?
- Lexus's RX 450 L, roomy and classic quality, Len Ingrassia, 07/11/19
- Luke Wilson cartoon, 07/11/19
- 5 brilliant household uses for hairspray
- Arcadia wishes America happy birthday! No. 243 ... and counting
- Fuel prices dip, FDOT's new commuter app
- APD says man threatened another with gun
- Man arrested second time in a month
- Man held on drug, weapons charges
- Police beat
- Jones gets 2-year sentence on drug, weapon charges
- Mustang Promise ranch, horsing around is healthy
- I scream, we all scream about contaminated ice cream, Luke Wilson, 07/11/19
- Arcadia HPC minutes, next up on Aug. 12
- Nuco gets tax break, ground-breaking by October
- History's mysteries: Who lived at 618 E. Oak St.?