Alzheimer’s support groups
The Alzheimer’s Association holds monthly caregiver suapport groups for spouses, adult children and family members who want to connect and share insight with others in similar situations. RSVP is not required to attend. For questions on groups and services through the Alzheimer’s Association, please call 941-235-7470.
Port Charlotte area
• 3 p.m. third Tuesday at South Port Square (Harbor Terrace), 23033 Westchester Blvd., Port Charlotte.
• 3 p.m. third Thursday at Port Charlotte United Methodist Church, 21075 Quesada Ave., Port Charlotte.
Punta Gorda area
• 3 p.m. third Monday at Life Care Center, 450 Shreve St., Punta Gorda.
• 3 p.m. second Tuesday at Punta Gorda Civic Association, 2001 Shreve St., Punta Gorda.
• 10:30 a.m. third Friday, Englewood United Methodist Church, 700 E. Dearborn St., Englewood.
Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group
The Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group meets from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. the second Tuesday every month at The Springs at South Biscayne, 6235 Hoffman St., North Port. Call 941-426-8349 to register.
Caregivers Support Group
Port Charlotte United Methodist Church, 21075 Quesada Ave., Port Charlotte, hosts a caregiver support group from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. every Wednesday. The cost is free and is open to any caregiver dealing with a care-receiver with any debilitating disease. There are no requirements to join the group. For more information, contact Mike Boccia at 941-815-6077.