If you are 55 or older, it is quite possible that you already possess one or more diseases or conditions that are likely to decrease your ability to live your life to its fullest. Conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, respiratory disease and high blood pressure that are familiar to many seniors do not have to prevent you from living a healthy and fulfilling life.
A program that has been helping folks improve their fitness and health for over 30 years is Fusion One. It is a “natural” and holistic health program that is safe, simple and effective. Since its creation in the late 70s, the program has addressed the health needs of thousands without deliberately or carelessly harming anyone. This fact is consistent with a guiding principle of the program. This principle simply states that “good health can, and should be had without harm or injury to those seeking it.”
The “user friendliness” and effectiveness of Fusion One are reflected in the vast number of its practitioners who remain with the program for years. In addition, the number of people who are practicing Fusion One is increasing at an enormous rate. The popularity of the program is due to a number of factors. The principal ones are, again, the simplicity and ease of performing its exercises and the tremendous benefits that are quickly had through their practice.
In a general way, Fusion One will assist in preventing certain illnesses. Furthermore, its practice will help to slow the aging process, improve the circulation of the blood, tone muscles, relax tensed nerves, strengthen muscles and bones, improve coordination and balance, focus the mind and foster deep relaxation. In more specific ways, Fusion One provides the following benefits:
• It helps control daily stress
• It is capable of firming and flattening the abdominal region
• It improves breathing and combats respiratory problems
• It increases flexibility
• It improves balance and helps prevent falling
• It strengthens muscles
• It eliminates pain and stiffness found at various parts of the body
• It encourages participation in fitness and health promoting activities. We know that the exercises and other activities of Fusion One are performed slowly, require a minimum of time, effort and strength and produce benefits that are many and quickly had. We also know that a portion of the exercises are performed while sitting and that the exercises can be practiced at any time, require little space and make use of no expensive, bulky or complicated equipment. In addition, we know that Fusion One is a relatively inexpensive activity that may be performed by individuals or by groups of people. All of these features help to make it appealing to most people. Furthermore, because of the benefits it offers and its “user friendly” nature, people are more likely to participate in its practice.
It should also be noted that Fusion One offers a vast number of exercises that are ideal for the workplace. These exercises may be done while sitting at a desks or even in the lunch or break area. Techniques to prevent or combat job-related stress, eye strain, lower back injury, mental fatigue, decreased concentration and efficiency and weight gain due to inactivity are all offered by the Fusion One program.
For additional information on Fusion One or its available classes, contact the Cultural Center of Charlotte County’s Fitness Center at 941-625-4175, ext. 263.