Eglewood history lovers celebrated a milestone Nov. 28 with the moving of the Englewood Museum into its new headquarters, the 1928 Lampp House. The well-cared-for home, one of Englewood’s oldest, is at 604 W. Perry St., just off West Dearborn Street, in the heart of Englewood’s historic district.
The museum was founded as the Englewood Area Historical Museum in 2014, and opened near Buchan Airport the following year. It was re-organized this year with the help of the Southwest Historical Organization of Resources and Education and the Friends of the Englewood Archives. Now in its new home, it is known simply as the Englewood Museum.
Visiting hours for the museum are 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays. Visit www.eahmuseum.org or call 941-460-1561 for information or to arrange tours.