ENGLEWOOD — Some residents in Englewood Isles will suffer a minor inconvenience Tuesday.
The Englewood Water District intends to turn off the water so a district crew can install two replacement isolation valves for a water main at the bridge spanning Forked Creek. The work is expected to start 9:30 a.m. and be done by 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The water district issued its precautionary boil water order for an estimated 250 residences.
“As a precaution, we advise that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth or washing dishes be boiled,” the water district stated in its warning. “A rolling boil of one minute is sufficient or as an alternative, bottled water may be used.”
A precautionary boil water notice will be in effect until a bacteriological survey determines that the water is safe to drink.
Affected streets include:
• Marina Isles, 149-150 Englewood Isles Parkway.
• Casa Rio Condos, 250 Englewood Isles Parkway.
• Englewood Isles Parkway from State Road 776 to Brentwood Lane.
• Windsor Drive from Englewood Isles Parkway to Brentwood Lane.
• All of Waterford Drive, Brentwood Lane, Oakwood Drive South, Oakwood Drive North, Oakwood Circle and Casa Rio Drive.
The water district notified all the affected residents with door hangers. For more information, call EWD water distribution manager Kyle Herzog at 941-474-3217.