The Charlotte County Concert Band, conducted by Bill Miller, closed its 2018-2019 season, with a performance of “Strike Up the Band,” which included works from well known writers and arrangers, such as Duke Ellington, and Leonard Cohen. Scholarships were awarded to four high school students. Steve Miller announced the show, which was joined by soprano Kim Campos. For more information on the band, which begins its next season in November 2019, visit www.charlottecountyconcertband.com.
Find a local business
- EDITORIAL: Better oversight of guardianship program needed
- Therapist uses tarot cards to discuss mental health, and at least 89,000 people are paying attention
- Six paperbacks to pick up, including a biography and expertly rendered crime fiction
- Woodstock Punta Gorda continues through Sunday
- Pets of the week: You can try a new pet sleepover program through AWL