Charlotte State Bank & Trust again this year is accepting holiday donations to help brighten the season for area children in need. All six bank offices are collecting new toys, clothing and other “wish list” items on behalf of the Florida Guardian ad Litem Program and The Salvation Army.
Those two prominent local charitable organizations will distribute the gifts in time for Christmas.
Guardian ad Litem gift trees are on display at the following Charlotte State Bank & Trust locations:
• Murdock office, 1100 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
• North Port office, 4300 Aidan Lane, North Port
• Parkside office, 3002 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
• Peachland office, 24163 Peachland Blvd., Port Charlotte
Salvation Army wish lists are at the following locations:
• Charlotte Harbor office, 23112 Harborview Road, Charlotte Harbor
• Punta Gorda office, 2331 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
The names and ages of area children in need are written on wish list cards. Customers and visitors to the bank are invited to select one or more of the cards, purchase appropriate gifts for the children, then return the unwrapped gifts and wish lists to the bank office.
The Guardian ad Litem gift drive concludes on Dec. 7, while The Salvation Army drive ends on Dec. 12. Bank lobbies are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday.