Sun Coast Media Group proudly announces the “Bark Madness” Contest.
Take a photo of your dog and submit it to be part of the Bark Madness contest which will take place in Spring of 2020. Photos will appear online and in print. Proceeds from voting will benefit the Newspapers in Education program. The top 4 photos will receive prizes.
- Eligibility: All photos submitted must be dogs. No other animal photos will be accepted. SCMG employees are prohibited from entering a photo or voting.
- Photo submission period: Photos can be submitted online at dog.yoursun.com. All entries must be received by 5pm, April 15, 2020, 2020. SCMG is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries.
- Submitting Photos: By submitting a photo, the contest entrant authorizes SCMG to publish the photo, along with any accompanying information, and hereby agrees to the official rules. Your photo may be published in affiliated publications of SCMG. Photos should be at least 200 pixels per inch resolution, be in focus and cropped fairly close on the dog. SCMG reserves the right to refuse poor quality images.
- Photo Content Restrictions: Photographs must not contain any of the following:
- Nudity, lewd, or vulgar behavior
- Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright infringement.
- Brand names or trademarks
- Photos of artwork without proper license or ownership.
- Material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to applicable laws or regulations.
- Voting Period: Voting will begin on April 29, 2020. Each round will last one week. In the event of a tie, voting will be extended by one day. Each vote is 10 cents. A $1 minimum is required online. You may vote as many times and for as many photos as you wish. Proceeds from voting will benefit the Newspapers in Education program and Suncoast Humane Society.
- How to Vote Online: Votes may be cast by going to https://www.yoursun.com/special/bark_madness/. Readers, friends and relatives can vote for their favorite photo. Votes will be updated manually after 5 pm on business days and will not appear immediately when votes are cast. Please allow delivery and processing time. Online voting is limited to persons 18 years of age or older. There is a minimum of $1.00 for each online ballot. Online votes may be submitted using a valid credit card through PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use your credit card. All authorized credit card transactions cannot be cancelled and are non-refundable. If your credit card is declined for any reason, no vote will be submitted on your behalf. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so it doesn’t interfere with processing your online entry or ballot.
- Prizes: The winning photo and runner-up will receive prizes. Winners will be announced online and in print.
Disclaimer and Indemnification: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decision of SCMG. SCMG reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by SCMG. By opting in to this contest, you agree that your information can be shared with SCMG contest sponsors for marketing purposes. The decisions of SCMG regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest.