Business and Professional Women of Englewood and Venice (BPWEV), chaired by Esther Bird and her committee, will present a “Hats Off to Women Workshop” Dec. 8, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Venice Area Chamber of Commerce, 575 Tamiami Trail, on the island across from the hospital).
This is a fantastic opportunity for area women to learn, network, ask questions, share laughter and enjoy breakfast, lunch and six different speakers on topics of interest to all women. The cost to attend is $30.
The list of topics addresses a variety of issues; the speakers are community leaders and business entrepreneurs.
- Dorothy Korszen: “Communicating with Confidence”;
- Mark Rizzo: “Preventing Scams and Identity Theft”;
- Kathleen Houseweart: “Normal Memory & Aging”;
- MK Mueller: “Dealing with Challenging People”;
- Kairee Haley: “Self Defense for Women”;
- Cyndi Fredricks: “Promoting Equal Rights, Equal Pay and Equal Opportunity.”
Seating is limited; register early. Checks can be mailed to BPWEV, PO Box 611, Englewood, FL 34223.
For answers to any questions, call Esther Bird, 315-440-6814.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, the details can be found in the vendor form on the website: www.BPWEV.org.
BPWEV meets every third Tuesday of each month at the Left Coast Seafood Restaurant in Venice. The mission of BPWEV is: “To achieve equity for all women through Advocacy, Education and Information.”
For information, visit: BPWEV.org.