Venice will be buzzing with activity this weekend for the busiest day of the year on Saturday, Nov. 24, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Bring the family and friends to enjoy the post-Thanksgiving Christmas shopping and all the fun of the annual parade.
Many stores will open to celebrate Small Business Saturday with bargains, discounts and specials. Some will stay open till the parade begins at 7 p.m. for shopping presents, gifts and toys. Around 11 a.m. restaurants will open their doors to get everyone into holiday celebrations.
Here is a list of businesses who will celebrate Small Business Saturday with one-day discounts and specials. Details provided by Erin Silk, president of Venice MainStreet.
• Artisans have 20 percent off everything in store (exceptions are Pandora and Swarovski).
• Café Venice offers a free glass of house wine with purchase of lunch and dinner.
• Celebration Corner has 10 percent off everything in the store including sale priced items.
• Ciao Gelato offers 20 percent off gift certificates.
• Cleopatra’s offers 20 percent off the entire store.
• Daiquiri Deck will have a happy hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. with live music, 20 percent off all shirts. Hot dogs, burgers, chips, soda and water on sale in the parking lot for the parade.
• Earth Treasures celebrates 5-year business anniversary with free cake and 20 percent off storewide.
• Eyes on You offers 20 percent off all in stock sunglasses and prescription frames.
• Island Gift Nook has 25 percent off select Baggallini and free Wristlet with Baggallini purchase over $85. Free gift with merchandise purchase over $50. Enter to win the $200 Marianna necklace.
• Lisa’s Classic Rose has 10 percent off entire store, including sale items. Discounts from 10 to 25 percent for spending $100 or more, before tax.
• Mother’s Cupboard Spice Shoppe has 25 percent off all LorAnn’s flavorings and vanillas for holiday baking.
• Nana’s A Children’s Shop has 20 percent off Laser Pegs.
• Needlefish Yarns has great prices on shop models, all bags are 20 percent off and deals on yarns.
• Scarlet Macaw offers 20 percent off Focus brand clothing.
• St Marco Boutique has 20 percent off all non-sale items for Saturday AND Sunday.
• Seaside Chic Boutique 20 percent off many select full priced item over $100. A new sale rack and storewide specials.
• Tangi & Jess offers 10 percent off the store, not on original art and big clearance tables outside.
• Venice Wine & Coffee has 10 percent off three or more bottles of wine, $2 iced coffee and 10 percent off of Patience Brewster Christmas items.
Bring family and friends downtown on Saturday enjoy a short walk to the many restaurants on Miami, Nokomis and Venice Avenues. All will be open before the Christmas Holiday parade, and many will be celebrating the spirit of the holidays during and following the event.